datestampTuesday, May 25, 2010

Movin on...

My last CT scan didn't go as I had envisioned. We were told that the tumors were still growing and I needed to decide asap when I wanted to start chemotherapy. We were given 2 different types of chemo to choose from, both in there first phase of testing (which means they haven't been tested on humans yet). We were given a lot of information to read about each one and they wanted us to come back in a month to discuss our decision. Of course we were a little dissapointed, and I cried a little but I decided that wasn't going to help me with anything...so we move forward.
Andy suggested we re-evaluate our course of action. Get rid of the stuff that isn't working, keep the stuff that is, and find new things to try. I've been on my "special" diet for 3 months now, which consists of alkaline vegetables, unrefined oils, quinoa, millet, amaranth, and buckwheat, and I added eggs the past month (which are DELICIOUS)! I get colonics twice a week, which help me feel so much better, I'm taking a green drink, several supplements, and eating A LOT of super foods. I'm doing an alternative treatment every 25 days which is called: The Life Vessel, it's located in Santa Fe, New Mexico. It's light, sound and vibrational therapy. We feel like it's been helping me as well. I've also been doing a treatment called EVOX, and ASYRA. There is so much information out there and so many things to explore and try. It's just figuring out what is the best thing for me, for us.
We have been doing so much the last few months, and we have so much more to do. I feel like my Dr's. are really pushing me to do chemo, which really pushes me to find an alternative to it. A lot of people don't realize that if I start the chemo, they tell me I will be on it the rest of my life. I don't want that.
We are moving forward, with Faith, Hope, and Dedication. I'm not giving up, neither is Andy. We will find a cure. We will. May God continue to bless us all.

6 comments:

My Walkabout said...

My thoughts are always with you and your family Sarah :)

Shortcake and Company said...

Oh Sarah, this is not good news at all. You faith and determination are amazing. May God bless you and lead you to do what is right for you. Thinking of you....
XOXO

Administrator said...

Thanks for stopping by Amy's blog!
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you as you continue the battle!
"Fear not or be dismayed, be strong and of good courage".

~Valerie

Mia said...

You are so amazing and strong! I am amazed by your faith and while I have been reading your blog I have been trying to put myself in your shoes as a wife and mother. That is awesome that you are doing your diet. I just watched the video Food Matters (not sure if you have) but it is a real eye opener. It discusses a lot about treating cancer naturally and your diet sounds really similiar to what they mention. Also the Gerson Clinic is mentioned in the documetary which is all about treating cancer. I pray that everything works out for you. Don't give up on putting good stuff in your body. You are huge example to me and will be praying for you!

S said...

You amaze me. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marissa said...

I wish you the best of luck through these trials and want you to know you are in my heart and prayers daily. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Post a Comment