datestampFriday, November 2, 2012

Little Wonders...



Having cancer has opened my eyes...to what is really important in this life. It's like waking up, after being asleep for a very long time. A constant reminder of what wonders this life brings to us...like being woken up at night to comfort my baby, after a bad dream. Making ghost pancakes for Halloween, and seeing their happy faces, packing a lunch, and eating at school together, watching my kids dream, create, play. Receiving sweet notes and artwork from my little ones, long hugs, holding hands, watching the sunset, feeling the warmth of this earth, enjoying the stillness. When I sit back and think about what I've been given, I am in awe of the beauty of this world. Of the gift I am living everyday...of what really is important, and what I'm feeling in my heart.  At times I find myself closing my eyes, just to open them, and take it all in...over and over again. So many wonders...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah,Your a awesome wonder for your children and everyone around you!!!! I watched my mom battle with cancer just a few months after my dad died, I was 8. It is hard to watch your mom battle something as aweful as cancer, and knowing her daily prayer was that she could live long enough to watch you grow up, and raise you, to protect you from the world. I grew up knowing that today could be the day my mom went to heaven with my dad. I learned to be strong and never give up, take no one for granted, to love freely, to forgive quickly, to have compassion for others. These are the things the gifts you give and teach your children. they will never wonder how much you love them, or that your fought every moment to stay just one more day one more hour with them.XOXOXO

Unknown said...

You always make me tear up. You make me a better mom. A better person. I love you.

Post a Comment