datestampThursday, September 20, 2018

Memories

Memories are so powerful. They can invoke so much emotion in seconds...sometimes they are happy and joyful, or remind us of sadness and hurt. Recently, I was reflecting and suddenly overcome by such a powerful emotion of sadness and joy at the same time. Tears ran down my face as I recalled the memory of the parting of my sweet momma at such a young age...yet thru it all the memories brought me to joy of all of the memories I had left of her. In her short life she lived. She was fierce, loyal and strong. She loved passionatley, had a unique laugh, fought hard, and loved. Loved. That is what I remember the most, is that she loved, and she wanted to stay on this earth, but she didn't. Now, I teach my babies what I remember about her. I see her strength in them, in me, in my siblings. She is in our hearts, in our memories, an angel to watch over us, and carry us thru. I value my memories. I value the experiences we make together as a family. Whether they are good, hard, happy or sad. We are creating memories to carry us thru our lives. I can only hope that my babies will remember the moments we experience, the challenges, heartache, loss, hope, the love I have for them, the bond which cannot ever be broken. Thru it all, we have each other, and the memories that no one can take away from us.

No comments:

Post a Comment