datestampMonday, December 31, 2018

Kenny



It seems like a lifetime ago when I was a kid...I remember some things very clearly. Going on road trips with our little family. My parents would listen to Dolly Parton, The Oakridge Boys and good ol' Kenny Rogers. We would listen to all of their cassette tapes over and over again. I'm pretty sure we knew all of the words to each song. All these years later when I play or hear certain songs it reminds me of those good ol' times, and good ol' memories. In fact, we listened to The Gambler the other day with our kids and we talked about those road trips, and memories associated with the song. It also reminds me of my Mommas, Daddy...boy, do we miss them both. I honestly think this song has some really good advice in it for us to follow. To me it is not just about gambling, it's about LIFE...just knowing when to hold on, walk away, knowing when to run. I mean, Life feels like a gamble at times, but we keep going, and we don't give up until it's done.  Every single day we have choices before us, and at times we may feel like we have a losing hand, but we play what we have and do the best we know how...and the rest we just gotta let go sometimes. As my daddy always tells me; "It will work out", and you know what? It always does...especially with Kennys help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the old songs they have a lot for us to learn from. Thinking of you Sarah may all your memories be good ones. Hope this year brings you joy and peace. Emmy

Post a Comment