datestampFriday, March 5, 2010

Sarah and Ella

This is Sarah and Ella, about about two weeks after being diagnosed with cancer for the second time in November 2006. Ella was just five months old. Cancer is a strong word, one that creates chaos, instills fear and can suck the happiness right out of the room. On 11/22/2006 I wrote in my journal: "We found out late Sunday night that Sarah has cancer. It is in her liver and spleen and her abdominal cavity. It sounds severe. I have been in shock the last few days. We are hoping and praying for a miracle. I am scared. I am devastated. I want everything to be ok." Over three years have passed since then. We have seen miracles. Sarah has never lost hope, never given up and always looked to God. She has been and will continue to be an example to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment