datestampThursday, March 1, 2018

Karma

This morning as I was asking several times, then raising my voice, then asking again for my kids to practice their piano. One of said children had a lot of attitude for me in return. Right then, I had a vivid memory pop into my mind. It was of my Mother standing at the top of our basement stairs, and I was at the bottom of them. We were arguing about me needing to practice my piano! I was hollering at her and she hollered back for me to get my behind upstairs and practice the dang piano! I think her words went something like this: "O.G. Ornery gut, get up here and practice your piano!!" According to my dad, I guess I had attitude as a kid and I was ornerier then hell. Over the years I really have tried to work on my disposition. I look at myself now as a pretty happy and positive person, which I'm happy about. I was a bit caught off guard by this memory, but it made me laugh. Even though my Momma died years ago...here I am, with my own children, acting just like her...and my baby was acting like me as a child. I talk about time a lot on here, but I am truly fascinated with it. It goes on, even after tragedy may strike, a loved one passes on, or heartache happens, it goes on. We go on...we adapt to life, and adapt to our situations...but some things seem to not change. We have our memories and our experiences to carry us thru this life. I'm so happy to find comfort and joy in this memory, and to be able to laugh about how karma has come back to me after all of these years.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are such a special person. I love reading your journey! Plus I love you, so double bonus!

Post a Comment